Tuesday, November 2, 2010

excuses, excuses

my, my.  it's been a while, friends.  i was so proud of myself for keeping up with my blog as well as i did and then i leave you all high and dry for more than a week.  what kind of a blogger am i?  goodness!

i do, however, have an excuse for my procrastination.  this week has been particularly busy.  friends from home were in town, studying for tests happened, homework was completed, shows in fort worth were played, a semi-fancy dinner was prepared, fun time with friends ocurred, lazer tag was organized and the world series took over denton.  needless to say, i did not have much free time.  this is my official excuse, so take what i give you and don't ask questions.


moving on to something that i have not spoken of before but i hope to speak of again.  i am pretty much obsessed with beading.  it is a hobby of mine that i can probably date back to when i was 8 or 9.  for those of you who are up on your beading terms i typically do loom beading with seed beads and i also do some wire work and stitch beading, but mostly loom beading.  i love creating my own patterns and seeing them come to life on the loom.  its a fun hobby and a profitable one too.  i started off just doing it for myself, but then some friends saw my work and i've been doing it for business ever since.  here are some examples of my work :)









soooo yeah.  so here are some FAQs that i know will come as a result of this blog so i will answer them now

q: do you use premade patterns or do you design them yourself?
a: i create all of the patterns myself from scratch.  some of them are inspired by other patterns i've seen, but all of them are original.

q: how long does it take to finish a piece?
a: 1 piece can take anywhere from 3 hours to a few days to finish, depending on how much free time i have and the complexity of the pattern.

q: how much do you charge?
a: i will charge anywhere from $10 - $20 for a bracelet.  a lot goes into that price, but i will usually quote a reasonable amount.

q: do you take custom orders?
a: duh!

haha.  i hate to make this blog sound like a plug for my little business i have going buuuuutttttt i'm a poor college student so i really don't feel that bad.  all of the bracelets i posted above are already sold but i can certainly repeat patterns :)  also remember that i'm not limited to just bracelets.  i can make necklaces, pins, bookmarks, you name it.

well thats what i got for ya!  if you are interested in placing and order you can contact me on facebook or through my e-mail at hannah_wright10@yahoo.com  k bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment