Monday, October 11, 2010

mondays with margaret

margaret atwood, that is.  first off, let me just say that i feel very sorry for all of you unfortunate souls who have yet to read any of atwood's work.  she is my favorite author and a literary genius.  i am currently reading my 9th book by atwood titled Moral Disorder and, as expected, i'm loving every word.  i'm only a couple chapters in but its amazing already.  between readings i forget how awesome her writing is, so when i pick the book back up im always flabbergasted. 


anyway, that was my plug for atwood.  if you've read anything by her i would love to discuss it with you!  i love hearing other people's opinions about her work. 

in other news, i loved getting to spend time with my parents and joel with weekend.  it was family weekend at school and i greatly enjoyed having them here.  i also loved that they brought me cupcakes from a cupcake shop from home that i really love :)

i also got 2 new pairs of glasses this weekend.  i haven't had glasses for a whole year because i lost mine on a plane to london last august, so my eyes have been living in dry conditions under unforgiving contacts for a year.  i love my new pairs and i love that i got them at a bogo sale at eyemasters!  yay for sales!  that is all.

1 comment:

  1. those glasses are so... sixties. Retro baby, if that's still in. We were glad to come see you too. My back is aching though after all that travelling back and forth. Didn't get back to RR until midnight. Spent the last 30 minutes on I35 as the police were rerouting everyone off at Hesters Crossing. Note to self and any other Round Rockers: Exit b4 Hesters Crossing or lose 30 minutes of sleep. Also glad that I have another year b4 doing it again. Hey, I don't have a clue how not to respond as Joel. My computer illiteracy is showing. I love you baby. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete