Thursday, May 5, 2011

7 moe

WARNING!!!!!  This blog contains a fair amount of philosophical reminiscence.  Continue at your own risk.

holy shamoly i have a week left of my freshman year of college.  qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm!!!111!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!  this has been an interesting year, to say the least.  probably one of the most interesting of my life, and although i (mostly my parents.  thank you, mama and daddy!) have given so much to be here (somewhere close to 20 grand) i think i can safely say that i'm walking away with something of much greater value.  but that's what college is all about right?

this year has taught me so much about what it means to be a person in this world; what it means to live among other people who may or may not share my view or opinions; what it means to love others unconditionally; what it means to accept when i'm wrong and to forgive others when they are; what it means to take care of myself, both physically and emotionally; what it means to accept love and grace when it's given instead of pushing it away; what it means to live for my God...oh yeah!  and i learned some things in class too.  whatevs

E'how (shout out to my daniels girls), i would not change my freshman year for anything.  i'll take the good and the bad all mixed together on my plate.  it's okay with me that i injured or put myself in danger on more than one occasion.  remember when i cut my foot open and got in a car crash?.

or when i did this at work?

i'm so happy that i did really well in my government classes both semesters cause i was horr-i-ble at government in high school.  i love that i landed 2 jobs within a few weeks of each other.  it's fine that i went through a few rough patches with friends, it's only made me respect and love them more.  it's really cool that i've made deep connections with people who i've known on the surface for many many years but never saw clearly until now.  the snowpocalypse in february that kept us out of school for 6 days was such a cool time (ha! litrally!) i love that God has taken hold of my heart and is fiercely unwilling to let it go!

and i love that i started this blog which i intend to continue.  i love writing, both in blog form and in a creative sense.  it's so fun to go back to those old pieces of writing and remember what was happening in my life at the time.  someone's writing style can tell you a lot about them...so what has my writing told you about me?  don't answer that.  or at least not in comment form.  i don't want the world to think that you think i'm stupid based on what i write.  that's not cool, yo.

i know that my life is not the most interesting one, and for the life of me i don't know why you people read these posts, but it doesn't have to be.  i'm content with the life God is leading me through, so long as he stays by my side.

i have 7.  moe.  days.  just 7, and i can only hope that the last 7 are as meaningful as the first...ehhhh roughly 180-200 were :)

1 comment:

  1. No, I can't believe you're almost finished with your first year of college. I've thought of you often lately as I prepare for B's graduation - I remember helping your mom prepare for your party last May and thinking, "Wow! I'll be doing this next year!" And, next year is HERE!!!

    Your writing? Your write very conversationally - reading your blog is like having a nice chat with you. I tend to write that way, too, and like that style of writing. Most blogs that I really enjoy are written in a conversational tone.

    Hope to ee you soon! Love ya, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete